Monday, April 11, 2011

Black Dagger Brotherhood and carrot cake...

      Hi everyone.  So sorry I haven't been posting that many reviews lately....its just that, well, my amazing parents got me the entire Black Dagger Brotherhood series for my birthday! YAY!  So I've basically been sitting in bed or on the couch rereading the first few books and reading (for the first time) the rest.  LOVE this series! I just finished Phury's story and AHH!! All the changes that happen! Anyway, since I haven't been posting much lately I'm going to try and post a review for Blood of the Maple in the next few days.
      For today though, here is a special treat (literally).  Vegan Carrot Cake.  Need I say more!  Okay, so I'm a really healthy eater.  Most of the meals I make are vegetarian or vegan-only because I don't like cooking meat (but I love eating it).  And also because those cuisines are healthy.  Anyway, my parents eat a lot of chicken and meat with their meals so when they hear or see the word "vegan" they tend to avoid it.  Well, I had a discussion with my mom about how a lot of vegan food is really good, health-wise because of the substitutions such as applesauce and flaxseed.  Fast-forward a few days and I offer to bake my sister a carrot cake for her friend.  It had to be vegan.  I hadn't baked anything since Thanksgiving (I know! its been too long!) so I was more than happy to do it.  I searched the internet and found a recipe which was not healthy BUT was vegan and so delicious.  It took every ounce of willpower to not go back for 3rds.  I ended up making 2 cakes.  One for my sister's friend and one for my family.  Anyway, my mom was shocked at how delicious a vegan dessert could be.  Personally, I could taste no difference between a vegan carrot cake and a regular non-vegan carrot cake.  The only thing I did differently on my family's carrot cake was the icing.  I used regular cream cheese.  The vegan cream cheese was too watery for my taste.  Click here for the recipe.

I do not own image
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...