Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (8)

Waiting on Wednesday is a really cool meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. 

Title: Torrent
Author: Lisa T. Bergren
Series: The River of Time #3
ISBN: 978-1434764294
Publisher: David C. Cook
Release Date: September 1, 2011

From Goodreads: 
When Gabi and Lia finally learn to surf the river of time, they realize they must make hard choices about life and love in the third and final book in the River of Time series.
Gabi and Lia Betarrini have learned to control their time travel, and they return from medieval Italy to save their father from his tragic death in modern times. But love calls across the centuries, and the girls are determined to return forever—even though they know the Black Plague is advancing across Europe, claiming the lives of one-third of the population. In the suspenseful conclusion of the River of Time series, every decision is about life … and death.
My Reveries and Ramblings:  If you haven't already read this series then get to it! I actually finished reading this book last night (a HUGE thank you to the author!) Honestly, this is my one of my favorite book series EVER! It doesn't even compare to Twilight (sorry Twilight fans-I love those books too, its just these are BETTER-in my opinion). So I strongly recommend you pre-order your copy. I know that I am definitely going to buy a copy for my kindle and a hard copy for my bookshelf. I just LOVE this series.

Previous Reviews: Waterfall | Cascade







Title: Shadowman
Author: Erin Kellison
Series: Shadow #3
ISBN: 978-1420118964
Release Date: September 2011

From Goodreads: 
Ghosts
They haunt the halls of the Segue Institute, terrifying the living, refusing to cross over. But one soul is driven by a very different force. It survives even death. And Kathleen O’Brien swore she would return to those she was forced to leave too soon.
Shadowman
He broke every rule to have her in life; now he will defy the angels to find her in death.
The Gate
Forging it is his single hope of being reunited with his beloved, but through it an abomination enters the world. Leaving a trail of blood and violence, the devil hunts her too. Pursued through realms of bright fantasy and dark reality, Kathleen is about to be taken.


My Reveries and Ramblings:
This is such a unique urban fantasy series.  Its filled with humans, fae, angels, and Death himself.  I've been looking forward to this book since I started the series this back at the beginning of the summer.  Whenever he'd make an appearance in the previous books, I'd hold my breath knowing he was going to go away.  But now, he gets his own book (YAY!) and hopefully we'll see him get together with Kathleen (flashback to first scene in the first book).  

Previous Reviews: Shadow Bound | Shadow Fall





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...