Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (1)

Top Ten Tuesday is a Weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.  This week's topic is: 
TOP TEN BOOKS ON MY WINTER TBR LIST

1.   The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns #3) by Rae Carson  - I LOVE this series.  I finished the first two books over the summer and have had the 3rd one since it came out.  The problem is....I don't want the series to end.  Which is why I haven't read it yet.  I've been mentally preparing for the end.  So I'm hoping to read it in the next few weeks :)

2.  A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark #1) by Jocelyn Davies - It's been on my TBR list since it came out.  'Bout time I read it. 

3.  One for the Money ((Stephanie Plum #1) by Janet Evanovich  - Really liked the movie.  Now I want to read the books.  Also, I grew up in NJ and lived there until I left for college.  So...obviously...I have to read this series. 

4.  A Wallflower Christmas (Wallflowers #5) by Lisa Kleypas - Lisa Kleypas is one of my favorite authors.  I adored her Wallflowers series as well as her Hathaways series (both two of my favorite romance series).  I haven't read this one yet.  But I can't wait! 

5.  Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas - Found, bought, and read the first book when I was at the beach.  LOVED IT! Became depressed when I found out that the sequel would not be coming out for another 2ish months.  When it finally came out, I went to a signing at a nearby bookstore.  Met Sarah J. Maas, and let me tell you, she is the sweetest! She even signed my book and gave me some great advice about writing! (I'll post the picture with the review). Anyway, I've been putting off reading this book for many reasons, but I'm totally ready to get back into this series!  

6.  Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress #1) by Jeaniene Frost - I've seen this series EVERYWHERE on the blogisphere.  And pretty much everyone has raved about it.  Sooo why not? I'm quite excited!  

7.  The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien - I know, it's sad.  I haven't read this book.  And yet, I own multiple copies of it.  

8.  The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Claire - I actually read the first three books 4 years ago and they quickly earned a spot on my favorite series list.  However, I haven't read the next few books in the series.  After seeing the movie (LOVED IT!), I decided that it was time to reread and catch up on the series.  

9.  World Without End (The Pillars of the Earth #2) by Ken Follett - Took me forever to read the first book (I think it's around a thousand or so pages).  But I loved it! It was super epic.  The romance, of course, being my favorite part.  Funny story, my English teacher in high school highly recommended The Pillars of the Earth when I asked her for a reading recommendation for my mom.  Apparently it was one of her favorite books.  And my mom then became the huge Ken Follett fan.  So anyway, I started the second book shortly after reading the first, and then stopped because the semester started (I leave long epics for vacation time).  

10.  Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2) and Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins - Read the first book several years ago.  Really liked it, but had a hard time with the suspense.  I hate suspense.  And I really hate not knowing.  I need happy endings.  So it took me a few days to get through the first book.  Then I really wanted to know where the story was going to go from there, but Catching Fire hadn't yet been released on paperback (I wanted to own all three books in the same format), so I waited.  And waited. Years went by and still no paperback (I know, right?!).  Until finally my sister bought the series on kindle, read it, and then proceeded to badger me about how i HAD to finish the series.  Fast forward to a few weeks ago...went to see the Catching Fire movie.  Thought I was going to go insane from the suspense and not knowing if it would end well.  I needed to know that my favorite characters would survive.  And my boyfriend would not let me look it up on wikipedia! -_- So...now...going to read the series.  Because not only did I like Catching Fire better than The Hunger Games and I want to re-experience it all, but I don't think I'll be able to make it through the Mockingjay movie (movies?) without freaking out from the suspense.  Best to go in knowing how it ends.  Haha.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...