Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Book Review: The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Title: The Iron Daughter
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: The Iron Fey #2
ISBN: 978-0373210138
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pub. Date: 2010
Source: Library
Genre: Romance/Paranormal/ Young Adult/ Fantasy
Pages: 304
Rating:
4 Kisses

Author's Website


Synopsis (from Goodreads):
Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.  Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.


My Reveries and Ramblings: The Iron Daughter was a reread for me. I wanted to finish the series but couldn’t remember what happened after The Iron King (Book 1). If I’m being completely honest, I did not like this book the first time I read it. I remember it felt like a filler in the series. But after reading it again, I have to say that I really really liked it! It had all the elements I crave most in a book: romance, adventure, action, suspense, magic, death, fantasy, etc. 
      In The Iron Daughter, Meghan, Ash, and Puck end up searching for The Scepter, which has been stolen by the false Iron King.
      So, I am completely 100% all about Ash. I like Puck, but Ash! Tall, dark and handsome Ash. There’s just no competition. Meghan and Ash have to overcome so many obstacles. Aside from the fact that their love is forbidden, to keep them alive Ash has to convince the Winter court that he could care less whether she lives or dies. (OF COURSE Megan doesn’t realize this, even though he warned her -___-, and she takes it seriously!) I mean, it was hard reading those parts, but still, she needs to realize he was trying to protect them both. There’s also being chased by Iron Fey and Winter Fey who want them dead. Then there’s one part in the book where it gets really dramatic. Like tears-dramatic. Like remember that scene in Sailor Moon?
      It’s dramatic/sad/horrifying like that(click at your own risk. It’s spoilery):
https://33.media.tumblr.com/fe6722801a04c1707e7cbf1618384ef1/tumblr_min6hnbo3o1s3p5vao5_250.gif

      At one point, Ash leaves to go on his own mini-adventure, leaving Meghan and Puck to fend for themselves. I felt bad for Puck. Unrequited love sucks. BUT I will give him props. He made sure he was a friend first. I want him to find love so bad. Maybe in book 4?
      Anyway, poor Meghan is spread pretty thin in this book. She barely has time to process one thing, when BAM another curveball that has her running or fighting for her life. By the end of the book, where there’s a few big climactic scenes, you truly feel for Meghan. It’s like ENOUGH!
      The books ends on a bittersweet note. I’ve read the 3rd book already (will be rereading though) so I know there’s more. But MAN, if this book just came out, I would’ve been like “WHAT?! That’s it?!” Basically I love this series. If you haven’t read The Iron King, then I highly HIGHLY recommend you do. Then go and read the rest of the series!









Playlist:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...