Monday, January 31, 2011

Book Review: My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent



Title: My Soul to Take
Author: Rachel Vincent
Series: Soul Screamers #1
ISBN: 0373210035
Publisher: Harlequin
Genre: Paranormal/YA/Romance/Mystery
Pages: P-279

Synopsis (From Goodreads.com):  She doesn't see dead people. She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next

My Reveries and Ramblings:  Kaylee is trying to make her way through high school with as few problems as possible.  Keeping a low profile at home and school is the only way to keep herself off the medication and out of the hospital.  Her uncontrollable screaming around a dying person causes her to have a hard time being normal.  After helping Kaylee stop her scream, before it happened, Nash, her swoon worthy crush, helps Kaylee learn who she really is.   Kaylee is a Bean Sidhe.  They scream, or wail, when someone dies.  Although, male Bean Sidhes hear a mournful yet beautiful song instead of a scream-but to everyone else it’s just a high pitched loud and long scream.  When girls literally start “dropping dead” Nash and Kaylee enlist the help of a Grim Reaper, Tod, to help them solve the mystery. 
       I felt bad for Kaylee.  She had to deal with a lot, especially with her family, before Nash stepped in and helped her.  Speaking of Nash, my goodness, if only he would sing softly to me in my ear!   I loved Nash.  He’s so down to earth.  He made Kaylee feel comfortable and not freaked out about who she was.  Tod was hilarious.  I really liked him.  It was fun reading the dialogue between Tod and Kaylee.  The mystery was good, it wasn’t that suspenseful but I still wanted to keep reading.  The end was really good!  The twist at the end took me completely by surprise.  I would recommend this book!  It was a refreshing take on the supernatural -mixed with a bit of mystery.  I give it 4 kisses.  



Book Trailers:




Playlist:



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones



2 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Great review! Glad you liked it! The series really begins to pick up as you go further along. Although, a few friends of mine said they didn't care for My Soul to Save, but My Soul to Keep and My Soul to Steal are both really good!!

Aluvss said...

I never heard of this deries but it really does look interesting, the concept seems to be different.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...