Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Food: PW's "Pie that will make you cry"

Picture from Pioneer Woman



Over Thanksgiving I did a ton of baking.  Among all the desserts, I made a pecan pie.  Now, I had never made pie before in my life.  I know what you're thinking-why of all days would you choose Thanksgiving to make a pie for the first time; what if you messed up?  Let me tell you, I was terribly nervous that it wouldn't turn out alright.  Before baking I did a lot of research to find the best pecan pie recipe.  Pioneer Woman's "Pie That Will Make You Cry" aka Pecan Pie was the recipe I chose.  I also made a Whiskey Maple Cream sauce to drizzle over.  I followed the recipe and I was astounded by how it literally "will make you cry" it is so deliciously amazing!  For a few minutes all I heard were yummy sounds coming from the entire family.  MAKE IT MAKE IT MAKE IT!!!!! You will not be disappointed :)  You can find the recipe here.   You can also find step-by-step instructions here.  I used this crust recipe (perfectly flaky).  Here is the Whiskey Maple Cream Sauce recipe.

3 comments:

Aylee said...

I've never baked a pie before either but this sounds so yum!

Small Review said...

I LOVE pecan pie! I am so saving this recipe. Thank you! I'm glad to hear your pie was a hit at your Thanksgiving. :)

Unknown said...

My hubby and dad love pecan pie. I will have to try this one out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...